My review: Fuji X-T1 vs the Nikon Df

Started 4 months ago | Discussions thread
photoreddi
Senior MemberPosts: 4,406
Like?
Re: My review: Fuji X-T1 vs the Nikon Df
In reply to Joseph Harrell, 4 months ago

Joseph Harrell wrote:

The lens on the X-Pro1 is a 10-24mm f/4 with similar field of view as the 14-24mm Nikkor and the camera bodies have the same resolution. My purpose in posting the comparison is that the two kits will offer very similar results while the weight will be considerably less with the Fuji kit. I know because I own them both and rarely use the D4/14mm kit unless I need real speed. I also own the Df which I find much handier than the D4, but still much bigger sand heavier than the Fuji. I agree with the OP while using different examples which offer very similar results

I understand that and don't have a problem with the comparison that you chose for yourself, although there are still other lenses that would have been better, more relevant choices than the 14-24mm Nikkor. Based on what the OP wrote and the lens that he chose for the X-T1, his comparisons were nothing like yours. I mean, he could have used the same Df with the same 24-70 f/2.8 lens and compared it with Fuji's tiny XF1 that has a focal length range similar to the 16-50mm kit lens. I have a 24-70mm lens and the XF1 and I can also carry it in my hand or in a shirt pocket all day long while I wouldn't want to carry the DSLR with the 24-70mm lens for extended periods. But comparing the tiny P&S with the much larger DSLR+lens would be a pointless comparison.

Who do you know that wouldn't understand this unless they know practically nothing about photography? This thread was only the OP's way of making a misleading comparison to get across him much he likes his X-T1, I think. Beyond that it doesn't tell anyone what they don't already know or should know.

Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow