Started 6 months ago | Polls thread
Klaus dk
Senior MemberPosts: 2,493Gear list
Like?
Oh dear
In reply to Glen Barrington, 6 months ago

Glen Barrington wrote:

Klaus dk wrote:

I have also seen very differing views on privacy, especially when it comes to street photography. I will not promote one view or the other, just make you aware, that your view, whatever it might be, may be quite intolerable to people in a different country with a different history and legislation.

Ugly personalities exist everywhere. You can't control that sort of behavior.

[...]

My point is, while I might feel badly when thinking about other people's behavior, I don't see how I can do much about it and I have other things to worry about anyway.

Oh dear, I am afraid I must have worded that sentence badly. I was not referring to you as a person, but to "you" as "anybody". I chose the case of privacy in street photography as an example of cultural differences, I have no idea whether you personally have an opinion on that and, if any, what it might be.

And yes, any nation will be able to deliver examples of obnoxious behaviour, but that is beside the point.

What would be great though, would be if members stated their country of residence in their profile. It would clear at least some misunderstandings.

Klaus dk's gear list:Klaus dk's gear list
Canon PowerShot S100 Canon EOS 7D Canon EF 35mm f/2.0 Canon EF 50mm f/1.8 II Canon EF-S 10-22mm f/3.5-4.5 USM +6 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
New
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow