Started 6 months ago | Discussions thread
This thread is locked.
Usee
Senior MemberPosts: 2,046Gear list
Re: I uploaded the samples to my Fruitless cloud
In reply to richard stone, 6 months ago

richard stone wrote:

Usee

Despite the difficulty presented by your incoherent and wordy posts, it seems like you are trying to say the D800 is better than the Sigma quattro. Maybe it is. Maybe.

What is incoherent within my posts?

Sigma made and showed a comparison between the D800 and the DP2Q - not me!

This comparison has obvious flaws, like different exposure time and different brightness and a differnt contrast curve...

...why shouldn't I hint at that?

But not because of anything you have written.

If the D800 is better, it is because of the hard work of the Nikon people, in designing and building and (yes!) marketing the camera. Still, the Nikon does not appear to represent anything more than a brute force application of Bayer technology, for which the buyer pays dearly. The D800 does not appear to really be anything new.

Now, if you like the D800, buy one or, if you have one, use it.

I'm not interested in a bulk and heavy camera with mirror slap and AA filter - especially not at that price point.

I'm interested in something like the DP2Q and therefore, I want to know for sure, what is really in the package...

Although we have not even had a known person give a report on using the quattro, or seen the best that the camera can do, you have already given your judgment. It seems too early... or we could say: Premature. Hasty. Ill-considered. Etc. This alone will make people question your judgment.

I mentioned my first observations, like others did...

...and I wrote more than just "Ah, Oh", or "crap"...

...what is wrong with that?

-

Your personal view, according my personal view, is interesting...

...don't you think, that some people - especially those, who visit this forum a tad longer, could question your judgement, according my personal view?

Worse though is that you seem to believe, or hope, that the more you write, the more the reader will be convinced, but the reverse is more likely the case. When I (try to...) read your posts, and those many words, I doubt your ability to clearly and properly consider and analyze the issues and the disparate markets and purposes of these cameras. Not to mention the images.

Worse though, that you make a personal attack instead of discussing the things we have seen in regard of the DP2Q...

...is the discussion drifting in a direction which you don't like?

And you seem to forget, that english is not my first language...

...I don't know, what would happen, if you try to express those things in a foreign language?

-

If there is something fishy and no one is allowed to mention this,

then, how should it improve?

Richard

-- hide signature --
-- hide signature --

Envy is the highest form of recognition.
-
Stop to run, start to think.
-
Think twice - that doubles the fun!
-
Your world is as big, as Your mind.
-
Avoid to have only one point of view!
-
U see?

Usee's gear list:Usee's gear list
Samsung NX1 Samsung NX 12-24mm F4-5.6 ED Samsung NX 45mm F1.8 2D/3D Samsung 16-50mm F3.5-5.6 power zoom Samsung 50-150mm F2.8 S
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
Wow!New
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
NiceNew
(unknown member)
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow