EF-M55-200mm F4.5-6.3 IS STM?

Started 3 months ago | Discussions thread
rrccad
Senior MemberPosts: 2,729Gear list
Like?
Re: definition of 'huge'
In reply to Jonathan Brady, 3 months ago

Jonathan Brady wrote:

If I'm going to use the 55-250 STM then personally... I'd rather just do this...

http://camerasize.com/compact/#351.389.2,448.389,ha,t

Same depth front to back but MUCH better controls, faster phase detection AF through the viewfinder and better AF performance in liveview.

Then again, I don't have the 55-250 STM, nor the M (anymore)

But, as a consumer, and one who would buy the M to significantly downsize, I wouldn't use the 55-250 over the 55-200 because it's a substantial increase in weight and size.

the two STM lines that canon has rolling out it are intriguing.  they aren't as gear happy exciting as others, but quietly canon has implemented a couple of nice lines across both the EF-M and EF-S platforms.

the EF-S STM IS line is lightweight, economic and compact for a DSLR form factor - making an SL1 kit stand pretty close to a smaller registration distance system in terms of overall kit size. it makes probably the best lineup from 10mm to 250mm out there in APS-C form factor in terms of cost and IQ - you really can't beat that line at all.

The EOS-M STM line is taking that down even further, by having the smallest kit from 11mm to 200mm available in the market - all with very good IQ and cost and diminutive sizes even against it's peers.

the 55-200's IQ against its' peers:

sony E 55-210

EF-M 55-200mm

rrccad's gear list:rrccad's gear list
Sigma DP2 Merrill Canon EOS 5D Mark II Canon EOS 7D Canon EOS M
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow