Started 5 months ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
AJ1000
Forum MemberPosts: 52
Like?
5D3 Duplicate image & strange behaviour
5 months ago

I love the 5D3 (mostly) but once again it has done something very strange and I don't know why this has happened.

At a wedding last weekend, my second shooter shot 9 images over a time period of 15 seconds. We shoot Raw + small JPEG so we have both versions of the files. In the middle of the set of images, there are 2 photographs timed 4 seconds apart according to the EXIF data but they are obviously exactly the same image, except that one JPEG file appears slightly darker than the other.

Image 5DMO5311 Timestamp 14:10:07

Image 5DMO5312 Timestamp 14:10:11

The RAW file images are exactly the same, with no difference in exposure.

The EXIF data for both images appears to differ in only 2 values, the time is 4 seconds later for the second image and the lens is listed as 110mm in the first and 90mm in the second. The actual lens used was the 70-200mm f/2.8

Has anyone seen this sort of behaviour before? Is the camera buffer becoming full and causing an issue with writing images to the CF & SD cards? Any thoughts appreciated.

Regards,

Adam

Canon EOS 5D Canon EOS 5D Mark III
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
Flat view
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow