Started 5 months ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
skeys
Senior MemberPosts: 1,824Gear list
Like?
The current X-E1 'kit' is not a kit.
5 months ago

Based on so very many comments and photos posted in this forum, I had already decided to purchase a used X-E1 in addition to a new X-T1 (with 18-55) kit in order to semi-permanently mount the 27mm and/or the 35mm lens. (I do not change lenses outside as the environment in which I live, the high desert, has dust in the air if the wind is blowing greater than one mile per hour.) As noted here: http://www.dpreview.com/forums/post/53856011 , the possibility of a revised X-T1 caused me to order the X-E1 'kit' from B&H and wait for further developments of the X-T1.

Just received the 'kit' and it is not a kit as with the X-T1 kit. In the shipping container were two, black Fujifilm boxes. One contains the X-E1; the other contains the 18-55 lens. For those of you considering an X-E1 as a second body, and whom already have the X-T1 kit, you could purchase this X-E1 kit, sell the 18-55 lens which came with your X-T1 and still have the 18-55 lens with its Fujifilm box. If you sell the lens for $400, the X-E1, with its warranty, will cost less than the current cost of a used, no warranty, X-E1.

But wait, there's more… B&H will also send a carrying case and a memory card. I don't know about them as they won't arrive until tomorrow.

Steve

-- hide signature --

My comments and opinions are my own. I am neither a staff member, nor a paid employee, of DPReview.

Fujifilm X-E1 Fujifilm X-T1
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
Flat view
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow