Started 3 months ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
IainC
New MemberPosts: 5
Like?
Nik Suite & Adobe Configurator: Wierdness
3 months ago

Software: Win XP SP3 (Home) / Photoshop CS5 Ext (v12) / Full Google-Nik Software Suite

All working good and proper (even if a little dated).

So I decided to try Adobe's Configurator (v2) (with Adobe Air v1.5 (that was bundled with CS5)).

I created my own Custom Panel (for my most frequently used Tools and Actions etc), and exported it to PS. It works perfectly. Hurrah.

However . . . if I so much as click on any tool or even a tab in my panel, any Nik Tool that I subsequently use fails to create its Layer Mask. The Tool (Define, say) does its work, but without the 'Add Layer Mask' and 'Apply Layer Mask' stages (as seen in PS's History), so that the resulting layer is filled with Black or with White (depending on whether Nik is in Brush mode or not).

I've tried v3 of Adobe Configurator, but (apart from being >100 Mb cf v2's 12.5 Mb) it makes no difference.  And I tried v13 of Adobe Air.

Anybody else had this experience?

I've abandoned my Personal Panel for the time being, and gone back to normal PS settings, so it's not a major issue. But a puzzle nevertheless.

Any ideas gratefully received.

Flat view
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow