Which is your currency?

Started 5 months ago | Polls thread
MatsP
Senior MemberPosts: 1,132Gear list
Like?
Re: With respect, is there a reason why you should occupy our thoughts?
In reply to Glen Barrington, 5 months ago

Klaus dk wrote:

Living somewhere in the rest of the world I sometimes wonder how little space we seem to occupy in the mind of the average US citizen.

Like most of the people on the planet, we are most concerned with those issues that affect us directly.  We know what's going on in the rest of the world, we are bombarded with 24 hour news both on Cable TV and the internet.

We have to place the info we receive into a hierarchy. A relatively stable (politically and economically) Europe is, by its nature, going to assume a lower place in that hierarchy than the Middle East, Central and South America, and the Pacific Rim.

I imagine that your people do the same thing, the hierarchy may be different, but that is expected I should think.  It is natural for you to think your POV should predominate globally, but that is the sort of narrow thinking we all need to overcome, I suspect.

-- hide signature --

I have met Americans who have no clue where my country is in the world, but on the other hand I'm not quite sure where Nebraska exactly is situated. So we're even.

Btw, my currency is swedish kronor (SEK) mostly. It's a floating currency, 1 USD is right now roughly 7 kronor, 1 euro is 9 kronor. Or thereabout.

MatsP's gear list:MatsP's gear list
Olympus OM-D E-M5 Olympus M.Zuiko Digital ED 40-150mm 1:4-5.6 R Olympus 12-40mm F2.8 Canon Pixma MG8150 DxO Optics Pro Standard +1 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
New
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow