Started 4 months ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
Jonathan Brady
Senior MemberPosts: 1,952Gear list
Like?
Florida Box Turtle traipsing through the yard
4 months ago

Every morning after I get my (22 month old) daughter up, changed, and fed, she and I take the dog outside. She LOVES going AHH-SIGH (outside). Over the past week or two, we've had upwards of 3 rabbits in the yard when we go out in the morning on any given day and rather than let the dog take off after them, I've resorted to peering outside and seeing what's going on first. Today, like yesterday, no rabbits. HOWEVER, this morning I did see a Florida Box Turtle. So, I corralled the dog off to another part of the yard and took my daughter over to see the TUH-TLE (turtle).

I decided to snap a few pics and thought I'd share them. Nothing particularly striking about the photos, just pretty happy with how they turned out.

He/she wasn't a big fan of my meddling and kept trying to get away, so I scooped him/her up and took a few closeups...

Managed to catch him/her blinking (purely by accident)

After all of this, my daughter was a CHATTER BOX for the rest of the morning until she left for preschool.  There was a lot of incoherent babbling followed by "tuhtle".  She really enjoyed watching the turtle and kept pointing to it's eyes.  She even sparked my excitement, hence the repetitive focus on the eyes via close up/macro shots (I have LOTS more - they're just redundant).

It's odd how as adults, we take such cool and beautiful things for granted but through the eyes of a child, we can be humbled and reminded.  This is SUCH a beautiful little animal and I'm glad he/she was there to get my day started right!

Thanks for looking

Jonathan Brady's gear list:Jonathan Brady's gear list
Canon EOS M Canon EOS 70D Canon EF 50mm f/1.4 USM Canon EF 85mm f/1.8 USM Canon EF-S 15-85mm f/3.5-5.6 IS USM +13 more
Flat view
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow