The FZ1000 replaces the FZ8, FZ200, FZ70!!!!!

Started 6 months ago | Discussions thread
kkardster
Senior MemberPosts: 5,002Gear list
Like?
Re: The FZ1000 replaces the FZ8, FZ200, FZ70!!!!!
In reply to Mikedigi, 6 months ago

Mikedigi wrote:

John Miles wrote:

Rodger1943 wrote:

Another question I have been asking myself, is the FZ1000 really a replacement for the FZ200?

"The FZ200 needs its own upgrade, which can happen now that plainly the protection of the 4/3" range has vanished."

That says it all. Panasonic threw their development and promotion into the G Series as if they thought that the 1/2.3" sensor superzooms were a dying breed. They then dumbed down several successive FZs - a good example of this is the pathetic burst mode of the FZ35/FZ38 - so bad that it looks like a deliberate spoiler.

The FZ200 was their U-turn - a decision that the FZ should, once again, be the leader of the pack, not an also-ran. Yes, previous FZs did a job, but the constant f2.8 lens, flash shoe, burst mode and free-flight LCD of the FZ200 - the whole package - showed real commitment to the small superzoom.

I agree with your overall message here, and that the FZ200 with its constant f/2.8 lens was a game changer. But I disagree about it being the determined U-turn that returned the FZ to the leader of the pack. The FZ100 had most of what the FZ200 offers and the FZ150 had all but the constant f/2.8 and high-res EVF. The FZ150 was lauded as the best of the breed by many, so I see all the FZ models taken together as incremental improvements in the series that often topped themselves - not necessarily a game of "catch up".

-- hide signature --

Bruce
You learn something new every time you press the shutter

kkardster's gear list:kkardster's gear list
Panasonic Lumix DMC-LZ7 Panasonic Lumix DMC-FZ200 +5 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow