Started 3 months ago | Discussions thread
slimandy
Forum ProPosts: 14,471Gear list
Like?
Re: My review: Fuji X-T1 vs the Nikon Df
In reply to photoreddi, 3 months ago

photoreddi wrote:

slimandy wrote:

My point is it is noticeably bigger than the Fuji so if it was used in the comparison photo it would still prove the OP's point that the Df with the appropraite lens will be significantly bigger and heavier than the X-T1 with nearest equivalent lens (and it will be more expensive). If you must have FF the Df is a good choice, but if the bulk is putting you off and you don't need FF the X-T1 is a better choice.

There's nothing wrong with pointing out that mirrorless cameras and their lenses are often smaller than their DSLR counterparts. It's not as acceptable to go farther than that by stacking the deck against the DSLR by giving it a very large, fixed aperture f/2.8 pro lens that's not at all comparable, one that's twice the size of a good, existing kit lens that would be used the same way by most DSLR owners as a decent walkabout lens.

I've agreed to use your suggestion and said the point is still clear. What's the problem?

I believe the OP made a good point, regardless of the fact that the lenses he chose to illustrate it were not really like for like. Using the Fuji 18~55 and Nikon 24~85 VR would still have made this point very well.

Good point or not, there's further proof that the OP was trying to be deceptive. You're right, he should have used the 18-55mm kit lens but not only did he use a much larger lens for the DSLR than was necessary, he also didn't use the 18-55mm kit lens that's shipped with the X-T1, X-E1 and X-E2. He tried to make the difference appear even greater than it should be by using the much smaller and lighter 16-50mm plastic kit lens that ships with the X-A1, not with the X-T1.

His point is still valid and clear, as I've said. You seem to be taking it personally!

-- hide signature --

www.andrewsandersphotography.co.uk

slimandy's gear list:slimandy's gear list
Sony RX100 II Nikon D200 Nikon D700 Olympus OM-D E-M5 Fujifilm X-E1 +1 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow