Veteran MemberPosts: 4,433Gear list
Like?
Re: A few snaps with Sony FE 70-200mm f4 and a6000
In reply to spacemn, 3 months ago

spacemn wrote:

dmanthree wrote:

stoppingdown wrote:

NeilJones wrote:

That's a good point, and it's my only doubt about that lens. That's why I'm really curious about the IQ of the 35-100.

I shoot the GH3 with that lens, and it's excellent. While I can't post any side by side examples, I can vouch for the quality of the Panny lens. And it is really small and light, especially when commpared to the FF equivilants.

However, follow-focusing is the weakness of any m4/3 can I've ever used. CDAF just can't match PDAF for continuous focusing. I haven't shot the new Olympus, though.

-- hide signature --

You do realize that a FF 'equivalent' lens to the Pana 35-100mm f/2.8, would be a 70-200mm f/5.6, do you know any 70-200 f/5.6 FF lenses since you are doing a size comparison? I would assure you that such a lens would be very similar in size to the current Pana 35-100mm f/2.8.

Uh.....no. F2.8 is f2.8, as far as light gathering ability goes. Depth of field is different, yes. But 2.8 is 2.8 when it comes to exposure calculations, so I compare the 35-100 2.8 to anyone's 70-200 2.8.  If I wanted to compare slow lenses, I'd compare the Panny 40-150, which is the closest to compare, until Pannys new 35-100 is released later this year. It's designed to compliment the GM1, and it's really, really tiny.

m4/3 lenses are smaller, of that there is no doubt.

dmanthree's gear list:dmanthree's gear list
Panasonic Lumix DMC-TS4 Sony Cyber-shot DSC-HX30V Panasonic Lumix DMC-GX1 Panasonic Lumix DMC-GH3 Panasonic Lumix G Fisheye 8mm F3.5 +7 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
andNew
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow