Started 5 months ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
idefixx
Forum MemberPosts: 63Gear list
Like?
Fuji colors?
5 months ago

I have always shot "standard" cameras, ie Nikons, Pentax etc but got attracted by Fuji with the X100s and XE2. One of the things I always liked was that the OOC jpegs from Fuji that are very pleasing. Now I only started recently to use PP (LR) and shoot in raw. This basically means I go straight to the raw pics and don't really review the Jpegs anymore (even though I still save them for some obscure reason...

Hence I obviously use the "low maintenance benefit" from OOC but am ok being able to have better control in post over the final result.

What I struggle to understand seeing now how easily you can completely change the final pic with a raw converter is whether there really is something like "Fuji colors" or "Leica colors", "better color rendering of a lens" etc...??? I mean with just a few slight changes on WB, camera profile, saturation and contrast I can get very different pictures.

Isn't it that the color that is often seen as typical for a specific brand/lens is rather the jpeg processing applied by the sensor? Or is there something truly unique to cameras/lenses that cannot be replicated relatively easily in PP? (maybe there is with some exotic russian lenses from 50 years ago but then there's plenty of filters I can also use for more vintage-type looks...)

idefixx's gear list:idefixx's gear list
Fujifilm X100S Nikon D7100 Fujifilm X-E2 Nikon AF-S DX Nikkor 35mm f/1.8G Nikon AF-S Nikkor 50mm f/1.4G +15 more
Fujifilm X100S Fujifilm X-E2
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
Flat view
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow