photoreddi
Senior MemberPosts: 4,381
Like?
Re: My review: Fuji X-T1 vs the Nikon Df
In reply to slimandy, 4 months ago

slimandy wrote:

sgoldswo wrote:

stuartgolden wrote:

Full frame this, SLR that. For me what it comes down to is what would you want to lug around all day around your neck.

For me - the left wins!

Odd choice in lenses don't you think? Try putting the 10-23 on the front of the X-T1 or the 16-85 on the front of the Df. Or even better the 35 on the X-T1 and the 50 F1.8G on the Df.

I would have thought the most logical comparison was the Fuji 18~55 vs the Nikon 24~70, and he'd still have made his point. Small primes even it out to an extent, but are you only going to use small primes? Are you going to carry just one lens all the time?

I'll somewhat disagree here. The 16-50mm is Fuji's most inexpensive kit lens. I agree that the 18-55mm would be the better mate for the X-T1, but the 24-70mm is a large, expensive, unstabilized f/2.8 lens often used by pros, not really comparable to the two standard Fuji kit lenses. Nikon's 28-85mm VR lens is a relatively inexpensive, smaller full frame kit lens that's stabilized and like the Fuji lenses is quite good optically even for a D800 but even better when it's used with the 16mp Df.

Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow