Started 4 months ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
Zaffa
Forum MemberPosts: 66
Like?
Strobe / Flash / CFL continuous lighting dilemma
4 months ago

I'm dazzled by the sheer array of lighting options . My end goal is to take some beautiful indoor portrait shots . I have a D7100 and an SB-600 with a diffuser cap aiming & bouncing it off the ceiling & twin 500watt ultra white tungsten halogen lamps aimed at the ceiling plus the 2 small halogens in my ceiling turned on.

The results are okay but i'm wondering how much better will my photos be if i buy a BRX500 ? for $500-600 , or a $100 Compact Fluorescent Light  kit from china ebay that has 3 by 125watt(625 watt per globe equivalent) cfl globes ,3 softboxes & 3 stands ? .. and then i see a S45T strobe flash on ebay for $30 to become even more confused as to which lighting option is best  . I heard people say online that cheap strobes that plug into your camera can cause damage . Im almost scared to mention Ken Rockwels name in here lol  but he did say something like ...err , that an SB400 is all anyone will need 99% of the time but if he wants pro results he uses strobes .

-- hide signature --

The goal of software engineers it to make bigger, better, idiot proof software.
The goal of the Universe is to make bigger, better idiots.
Apparently the universe is winning this race .

Nikon D7100
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
Flat view
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow