SD10 - any life in this camera yet?

Started 6 months ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
Stigg
Regular MemberPosts: 103
Like?
SD10 - any life in this camera yet?
6 months ago

I ask because I'm still catching up on digital cameras. I completely skipped the early era of DCs up until about 2007 when I relented due to pressure from friends and bought a mid-zoom small sensor DC for general purpose use. I've been a manual SLR film shooter for decades. About 60% of what I shoot is film. A lot of that sees the light of day but the other 40% tends to stay on my hard drive. The digital cameras of the present are much better "machinery" than something from 2003 but I find myself drawn to those cameras maybe because they don't try to cover up their digital roots like the new cameras do (with all kinds of in-camera processing - and its now becoming clear to me at least that even the latest cameras are still a trade-off of real light vs heavily processed light).

Enter the SD10 for me (via another forum). The files look digital yet have some characteristics of film. The camera only shoots RAW and that also appeals to me. I shoot slowly and methodically making "performance" a non-issue. If any SD10 shooters would weigh in I would greatly appreciate that. Also, what are your thoughts on the SD14 vs the 10?

S

Sigma SD10 Sigma SD14
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow