Is the N1 the action/wildlife kit for me?

Started 3 months ago | Discussions thread
jimoyer
Senior MemberPosts: 1,634Gear list
Like?
Re: The N1 experiment begins
In reply to Texchappy, 3 months ago

The nice thing is that even if you decide it's not for you, you'll be able to sell it for what you had in to it.

You were pretty quick on the purchase.  Had I seen this earlier, I would have sent a V1 with a lens or two down for you to play around with to see if you liked it.

One thing you DO want to pick up is one of the flashes.  Inside, you'll want it for sure, but they also work rather nicely outside as a fill flash (within reason...they're not very large).

I've said this before, but I think it perhaps is even more relevant for you.....one of the things I love about the 1 system in general and the V1 specifically is one of the things it's critics complain the most about....very little external control, and everything is menu based.  I've found I absolutely love that because it makes me pay attention to capturing the image, and not screwing around with my camera.

I'm sure you'll enjoy it.

All my long windedness aside, let me get to the most important part...........Thank you for your service sir.

jimoyer's gear list:jimoyer's gear list
Panasonic Lumix DMC-G5 Nikon D7100 Panasonic Lumix G Vario 14-45mm F3.5-5.6 ASPH OIS Nikon AF-S DX Nikkor 18-200mm f/3.5-5.6G IF-ED VR Panasonic Lumix G Vario 45-200mm F4-5.6 OIS +5 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow