My review: Fuji X-T1 vs the Nikon Df

Started 6 months ago | Discussions thread
Dorkington
Regular MemberPosts: 355Gear list
Like?
Re: My review: Fuji X-T1 vs the Nikon Df
In reply to Dorkington, 6 months ago

For those complaining about selections, here's a few more... not every situation does the Fuji win outright, but like I said, it's all about compromise.

Again, not saying Fuji is the "winner" here. It's all about what you value most. Want the highest of high quality? There's better options than Fuji, for sure. Want the smallest of the small? Again, there's better options. (though not seen here)

Please note, for the zooms, there isn't really a direct comparison for each camera, so I tried to choose what was the closest and available on Camerasize.com's website. Don't shoot the messenger.

Following images from: http://camerasize.com/compact/#520.408,487.395,495.353,ga,t

~50mm equiv

~35mm equiv (edit, just noticed that the Nikon lens is a DX lens, whoops)

Base zoom. Chose the "consumer" grade Sony, and the smallest of the available full frame options on Camerasize, for the Nikon. The Nikon options were much larger than the Tamron option.

"Vacation lenses". Fuji's new 18-135. Sony's crop mount 18-200 PZ (no full sensor "vacation lens"), Nikon 28-300.

Dorkington's gear list:Dorkington's gear list
Fujifilm X-E2 Fujifilm XF 35mm F1.4 R Fujifilm XF 14mm F2.8 R Fujifilm XF 23mm F1.4 R Fujifilm XF 56mm F1.2 R +2 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow