Picked up my RX100M3 today - can confirm stabilisation much improved at wide end.

Started 1 month ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
2eyesee
Senior MemberPosts: 1,248
Like?
Picked up my RX100M3 today - can confirm stabilisation much improved at wide end.
1 month ago

Just picked up my RX100M3 that arrived into the Sony Store here today. I live down the bottom of the globe in New Zealand, so that must make some of you who are still waiting in other parts of the world wonder about Sony!

Anyway, the first thing I have been keen to test is image stabilisation at wide angle. With my RX100M2 is was virtually non-existant - I could only reliably get sharp images at 1/30 sec at wide angle. I could go to 1/15 sec if I was very careful or continuous shot a few images, but that was it.

I'm pleased to say with the RX100M3 I can reliably get 1/8 sec sharp at wide angle, and 1/4 sec if I'm very careful or continuous shoot a few images. This represents a 2 stop improvement for me.

While improved stabilisation is not one of the headline features of the RX100M3, it's a big deal for me as it means for static scenes in low light I can use 2 stops lower ISO.

Note that I tested stabilisation handheld - I may even be able to do better by using the viewfinder to get better stability.

RX100 III Sony RX100 II
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
Flat view
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow