ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
andy049
New MemberPosts: 20
Like?
A7 10MB RAW Filesize?
1 month ago

Hi,

I just noticed that, for an entire day, all of my Raw Files were about 10MB large. The images appear to be RAW  (*.ARW) and not JPEG, and the pixel size is about 3000x2500 (do not have exact size with me).

I used Aftershot Pro 2 to process the photos, but viewing from my PC folder, the filesize of the RAW files are already small. The image appear clearer then JPG taken same day, but noise was much higher in iso1600+.

Is this correct? I can't find a setting in the A7 menu that can set the RAW file size and all info I found online is that all RAW images are 24MB in size. Any test I have done since always produce a ~24MB RAW file. Images taken before that day were also ~24MB.

I am still learning how to use the camera and I think that day I was playing with the memory set function and changing things using the Fn button. I might have just got the camera into a bad state.

Would be nice to know how I did it, so I don't do it again.

I can provide the RAW files, but no longer have the on memory card version.

ANSWER:
This question has not been answered yet.
Sony Alpha 7
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
Flat view
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow