My review: Fuji X-T1 vs the Nikon Df

Started 5 months ago | Discussions thread
SaltLakeGuy
Forum ProPosts: 10,651Gear list
Like?
Re: My review: Fuji X-T1 vs the Nikon Df
In reply to ryan2007, 5 months ago

I happen to be a huge Nikon fan after years of having their pro gear along with Canon as well. I won't take ANYTHING away from their top cameras. They just WORK. Exceptionally so in the area of focus, build and ergonomics. For me Fuji brought some other things to the table. I happen to really love the overall IQ of the fuji files. I enjoy the color rendition and lack of noise. Sure the focus isn't as instant nor does it track a moving subject as well as a top Nikon, but then fortunately that's not what I shoot. My shoulders and back thank me for the switch. I can't say it's in or not in the cards but I would love to be able to afford another pro Nikon body. Their top Nikkor lenses are certainly a delight. But for the sizes I print (up to 22x17) the Fuji X-T1 is more than meeting my needs. I love their lenses as well. Solid and sharp with excellent OIS. If I were 35 again I could certainly see lusting over another DSLR setup, but at 60 I don't see it happening.

-- hide signature --

Fuji X-T1 Camera, Fuji 18-55 f2.8-f4 Lens, Fuji 55-200 f4-f5.6 Lens, Fuji 23mm f1.4 Lens, Fuji 56mm f1.2R Lens, waiting for the Fuji mount Nissin i40 Flash, Picturecode PhotoNinja, LightZone, Adobe Lightroom 5.4

SaltLakeGuy's gear list:SaltLakeGuy's gear list
Panasonic Lumix DMC-FZ1000 Epson Stylus Pro 3880
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow