Started 2 months ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
Timbukto
Senior MemberPosts: 3,151Gear list
Like?
Link to new DPP 4.0 manual Windows version
2 months ago

Apparently there is also a OSX version too, but currently I'm just using a PC.

http://gdlp01.c-wss.com/gds/0/0300015460/01/dpp-4-0-00-w-im-en.pdf

Interestingly the number of supported camera's is pretty low with only the FF cameras supported. Wonder what happens with my EOS-M files. Seems 64 bit OS is mandatory which is also interesting. Going through the manual to get a feel for features/capabilities. Shadow/highlight manipulation in DPP 3 is pretty awful, can't wait to see the new version.

One thing from skimming the manual is a breath of relief that so far I can tell it is *not* SilkyPix.

I can tell that many of the original DPP controls are still there, I believe the color adjustments is new and perhaps monochrome conversion updated?  Some pretty big UI improvements (the floating tool bar, etc of the previous one was a real pain).  Can't wait to download a copy.  Most of the tone and shadow/highlight controls look the *same*, however it looks like you can put decimal value instead of integer value which stands to reason that the engine behind it may be completely overhauled and the results are yet to be seen.  The Japanese press release hints at improvement there, and it was one of the major sore points of DPP3.

Timbukto's gear list:Timbukto's gear list
Canon EOS M Canon EOS 6D Canon EF 50mm f/1.4 USM Canon EF 85mm f/1.8 USM Canon EF 200mm f/2.8L II USM +1 more
Flat view
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow