Pentax never followed anyone and it just may have ...

Started 3 months ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
jamesm007
Veteran MemberPosts: 5,444Gear list
Like?
Pentax never followed anyone and it just may have ...
3 months ago

worked for them!

You know your doing something right when you start to see others kind of copy you. More camera manufactures are starting to offer weather sealed dSLRs. WR bodes not itself a new concept. But I am seeing lower cost weather resistant lens to go with these bodies. No, no one has touched the kit level of sealing as Pentax. But others are offering mid-grade consumer walk around with weather sealing.

This does bring more choice for the consumer; a good thing in the end. Speaking of the news quote here at DPR

"Fujifilm has announced its first weather-resistant lens, the Fujinon XF 18-135mm F3.5-5.6 R LM OIS WR"

http://www.dpreview.com/news/2014/06/16/fujifilm-launches-weather-resistant-xf-18-135mm-f3-5-5-6-r-lm-ois-wr?utm_campaign=internal-link&utm_source=news-list&utm_medium=text&ref=title_0_1

I assume they may follow and others with more sealed lens in the under $1000 range. Pentax lens of equal focal length cost a lot less money.

I was starting to think all weather abilities are not needed by most? When your a budding photo enthusiast you don't know where, when or what you may want to shoot. Sand, dust, rain, snow, daily hard use can not be a issue preventing you from trying and getting your photo fix. Just as it does not stop Pro shooters.

Now we have pics with Fuji camera and lens with water on it like Pentax. Yep Pentax might be doing some things right.

jamesm007's gear list:jamesm007's gear list
Pentax K20D Pentax K-5 Sigma 10-20mm F4-5.6 EX DC HSM Pentax smc DA 55-300mm F4.0-5.8 ED Sigma 17-70mm F2.8-4 DC Macro OS HSM +9 more
Pentax K20D Pentax K-5
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
Flat view
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow