Started 4 months ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
Michael Gent
New MemberPosts: 13Gear list
Like?
Sigma DP2M Merrill Foveon X3F Exposure Setting advice please Rawdigger
4 months ago

Ist post, I think. New to Sigma Merrill also.

Wanting to be more involved with RAW and optimise Exposure I picked up on Rawgigger.

I read with great interest and carried out the experiment

http://www.rawdigger.com/howtouse/calibrate-exposure-meter-to-improve-dynamic-range

If Ive done this right and interpret the results correctly I could expose +2.5EV over what the in camera histogram shows? approx.

However, scanning through real life shots I can see what I believe to be the result of the pixel stacking on the Foveon sensor blue at the top is exposed the greatest green less and at the bottom of the stack red exposed the least.lower two images. In some images Blue is pushed hard up against +3 in Rawdigger histogram and Red is trailing -4EV? upper two images.

All images thus far have been taken using the cameras calculated exposure AVERAGE metering ie not spot. The below image does appear over exposed according to Rawdigger and SPP. What EV compensation should I have used?

The Bottom image according to Blue histogram is under exposed so should I have EV compensated by say +0.7EV?

Advice greatly appreciated

MG

Sigma DP2 Merrill
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
Flat view
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow