Bragging about our expensive mirrorless/DSLR vs a point and shoot

Started 3 months ago | Discussions thread
PDine
Contributing MemberPosts: 560
Like?
Re: Bragging about our expensive mirrorless/DSLR vs a point and shoot
In reply to mistermejia, 3 months ago

Sometimes or just happens. Every camera has a situation that it just happens to work well in. Our old p&s camera is a 2006 Olympus, which my wife still uses. A couple of years ago, we went to the beach. I was using my Sony nex and she was using the Olympus. I took a picture of her with oceocean in the background and lots of white overcast sky. She looked quite dark/sillouetted. Her camera on full auto used its flash for fill and exposed the scene with me in it just perfectly - much like your story.

The thing is, the reason I got myself a serious camera is because most of the time the pictures from the Olympus eye awful. Terrible indoor shots, all grainy and overpowering flash. The Sony trounced it in virtually every other photo.

Nowadays I use a x100 and I try to make sure I use the fill flash in outdoor people pictures. But even the highly revered flash on the x100 doesn't always get it right...

Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow