Is the N1 the action/wildlife kit for me?

Started 3 months ago | Discussions thread
Whorty1970
Regular MemberPosts: 352Gear list
Like?
Re: Is the N1 the action/wildlife kit for me?
In reply to Texchappy, 3 months ago

Texchappy wrote:

Whorty1970 wrote:

You could consider at V2 + FT1 adapter + 55-300 VR DX lens. I've seen some nice pics on here of that setup, and the weight shouldn't be too bad.

The 30-110 lens is very compact and nice image quality but only gives a 35mm equivalent length of 300mm, so maybe too short. But if you can get close to the wildlife this might be an OK setup. I love this lens on my V1.

If money no option, then a V3 and the new 70-300cx is the one to look at. But this is the best side of $2k so depends on your budget!

-- hide signature --

WSSA #348

The price of the V3 and the new cx lens is part of the reason I just wanted to get my feet wet first. If I get a little into it and it does well by me then I could either sell some of the Fuji gear and/or the Canon rig to fund part of that purchase.

Fair enough ... the V3 and new 70-300cx is steep!

Definitely look at a used V1 or V2 then, with adapter and 55-300 (which you can pick up in the UK seriously cheap). If this goes well, as the other poster wrote, the FT1 adapter opens up the V1/V2 to the F mount AFS lenses very nicely. I picked up a cheap 40mm macro lens the other day and have had some good fun shooting macro at an effective 100mm length

I have a D300s, but love shooting the V1 - it's so small and light I can take it anywhere.

-- hide signature --

WSSA #348

Whorty1970's gear list:Whorty1970's gear list
Panasonic Lumix DMC-FZ18 Nikon D300S Tamron AF 18-270mm F/3.5-6.3 Di II VC LD Aspherical (IF) MACRO Nikon AF-S DX Nikkor 18-105mm f/3.5-5.6G ED VR Nikon AF-S DX Nikkor 10-24mm f/3-5-4.5G ED +3 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow