Started 2 months ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
CShell12
Forum MemberPosts: 53Gear list
Like?
A77II or a Carl Ziess lens
2 months ago

Currently own an A55, which I use when I go hiking.

It's great as it's small and light yet gets good images also use if for wildlife, birding etc.

The old A55 is showing it's age so was thinking should I get the A77II.

Would be an easy answer but I have the A99.

Would there be any use in getting the A77II when I own the A99, seems there would be too much duplication.

Would it be better to put the cash to Carl Ziess 16-35, this would complete my full frame line up, as I have nothing at the wide end in full frame.

Further complicating it is the crop sensor issue.
For wildlife, birding shots does the crop sensor have more advantage over a Full Frame?

The A99 gives great shots of wildlife, the quality of the capture allows me to crop the image in post processing to the equivalent crop sensor size. I understand that if the sensor sizes between the FF and Crop cameras are the same the FF cropped image will have less pixels in them than the crop sensor of equivalent size, but would it make that much difference in the picture?

So my question.

Get the A77II

or

The Carl Ziess 16-35

CShell12's gear list:CShell12's gear list
Sony Cyber-shot DSC-H5 Sony SLT-A55 Sony SLT-A99 Sony 70-300mm F4.5-5.6 G SSM Sony 70-400mm F4-5.6 G SSM +4 more
Sony SLT-A55 Sony SLT-A77 Sony SLT-A99
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
Flat view
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow