Started 3 months ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
LTParis
Forum MemberPosts: 53
Like?
My next camera should be...
3 months ago

I've owned a Canon XTi/D400 for 7 years now and overall the camera is a good camera in the right conditions. I got a couple lenses for it, but nothing too expensive, so my investment in the Canon line is not a hardened rule. I am however generally happy with the functionality of the Canon UI and ergonomics.

Much of what I will be shooting now is low light photos and video. I have restarted my DJ business, mostly weddings, and desire quality shots for myself of some of my gigs. As a solo-operation and limited space where I perform I need a camera that is generally compact, simple to use, fast, and can take quality shots in very low light conditions.

The question is what to invest in. If I stay with Canon all eyes look to the D70. Seems to be a good fit and familiarity. However it is still a bit large for quick pick up, shoot, and duck back into my cubby. Some people I know have recommended smaller setups like the NEX 5. But if I went to these smaller bodies is that the best performance for the price camera? I would likely need at least 1-2 lenses, somewhere in

I want to keep as open of a mind as possible. Budget I really want to keep it > $2k, especially if I have to invest in quality glass, but if I can find something > $1k that would make me really happy.

Nikon D70
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
Flat view
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow