Post from FZ200 fans show disappointment in the FZ1000

Started 1 month ago | Discussions thread
kkardster
Senior MemberPosts: 4,178Gear list
Like?
Re: I am not disappointed, I was surprised
In reply to maven19, 1 month ago

maven19 wrote:

I think most people are forgetting something important. The FZ1000 is not the replacement model for the FZ200, but rather for the FZ50.

I'm among those who don't whole-heartedly agree that the FZ1000 is the long-awaited direct replacement for the FZ50, though I can't deny the similarities or the differences. It does look to be a decent all-arounder that is very similar and will hopefully spawn longer brethren much like what followed the FZ50. I hope that doesn't mean longer with smaller sensors as what actually did follow the FZ50, but if that turns out to be true then perhaps the FZ200 upgrade will at least get its long-awaited 1/1.7" sensor.

The FZ200 successor is not here yet, just like there was a gap between the FZ50 and FZ1000, there will be long gap for the FZ200. It's futile to compare and then end up arguing a camera that isn't supposed to be doing isn't doing it.

I agree there's no successor yet - hence this thread in the first place.  And regarding futility, the same holds true vs. the FZ50 - we've [almost] all moved on...

-- hide signature --

Bruce
You learn something new every time you press the shutter

kkardster's gear list:kkardster's gear list
Panasonic Lumix DMC-LZ7 Panasonic Lumix DMC-FZ200 +5 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow