Sony's new curved sensor - this is a big deal

Started 4 months ago | Discussions thread
brownie314
Contributing MemberPosts: 926
Like?
Re: Sony's new curved sensor - this is a big deal
In reply to ambercool, 4 months ago

ambercool wrote:

I'm really excited about this too. Sony has always been at the leading edge of technology. They release stuff that only a few engineers might love and appreciate, or even pay for before the product fails. But they will have that one tech that Sony made for about 3 months and is still what the user has always wanted.

If Sony lets Apple present their technology in the way Apple does things, most of Sony's tech would be a hit for the mass market. I just hope this sensor works out really well and that Sony positions it to sell like hotcakes. At least someone needs to if it's not Sony.

-- hide signature --

-Viet
http://www.ambercool.com
"Luck comes to those who do"

This curved sensor isn't one of those sexy things, like an ipod or something.  It is the geeky, insider tech stuff - but stuff that makes a HUGE difference.  Maybe (now, I am just speculating) this could lead to a FF camera the size of the Ricoh GR.  To me, it would be other-worldy to have a camera the size of the Ricoh GR and have a FF sensor and a 35mm f/2 lens on it.  I don't want to set expectations too high - but this might be possible with this curved sensor technology.

Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow