A few snaps with Sony FE 70-200mm f4 and a6000

Started 6 months ago | Discussions thread
stoppingdown
Regular MemberPosts: 405Gear list
Like?
Re: A few snaps with Sony FE 70-200mm f4 and a6000
In reply to NeilJones, 6 months ago

NeilJones wrote:

I honestly get better results with my Panasonic GH4 and Pany 35-100mm 2.8 (70-200mm equiv)

The GH4 focuses quicker in continuous and nails more shots (although not at 11fps)

I'm interested in this comparison, because clearly the M43 is lighter and smaller. But apart from focus speed, is there anything else that you feel better on the M43?

I just miss not having the 2.8 with the Sony lens.

For what reason? From a DoF point of view f/2.8 on a M43 system is substantially the same as f/4 on a APS-C. Perhaps you want one stop of more light for slower shutter speeds, but you could just use one more stop of ISO (see below).

And on the a6000 noise really starts creeping in way too early when you crank the iso.

Can you elaborate? DxOMark says the Sony is clearly better than the GH4 for noise - which is somewhat expected, since the Sony has got a larger sensor.

http://www.dxomark.com/Cameras/Compare/Side-by-side/Sony-A6000-versus-Panasonic-Lumix-DMC-GH4-versus-Olympus-OM-D-E-M1___942_943_909

The sony lens will be much better suited to a full frame cam. And it just looks silly on my a6000 and kinda defeats the object of a compact camera!

That's a good point, and it's my only doubt about that lens. That's why I'm really curious about the IQ of the 35-100.

It would be great if you could post some side-by-side examples, I mean the same still subject at the same moment with both systems, same settings (just one stop faster for the M43).

Thanks.

-- hide signature --

Fabrizio Giudici
http://stoppingdown.net

stoppingdown's gear list:stoppingdown's gear list
Nikon D7000 Sony Alpha NEX-6 Sony a6000 Nikon AF-S Nikkor 300mm f/4D ED-IF Nikon AF-S Teleconverter TC-14E II +8 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
andNew
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow