Started 1 month ago | Discussions thread
phazelag
Senior MemberPosts: 2,057Gear list
Like?
Re: Post from FZ200 fans show disappointment in the FZ1000
In reply to cainn24, 1 month ago

cainn24 wrote:

phazelag wrote:

I own and love my FZ200 and I love the reach. But I find that with animals and bugs, you can never have enough reach. From the number of posts about adding a teleconverter to the FZ1000 this may not be the ideal camera for them. The post from hardcore FZ200 guys seem to show a lot of disappointment.

Maybe I'm different to most other people or something. I mean, I absolutely love birding with ~1000mm of reach. But when I'm out with my E-M5, I absolutely love birding with 600mm of reach. And even if a TC solution is unworkable for the FZ1000, I bet I will absolutely love birding with only 400mm of reach. I've certainly done it before.

Maybe it's because I really enjoy the careful stalking aspect of birding as well. It's kind of like a slow, relaxed, meditative, aware, bonding with nature, or whatever. Either that or it's just snapping away at easy targets at my local zoo/bird sanctuary, which can be all kinds of fun too.

It's also about playing to the strengths and working around the weaknesses of different sorts of gear, which is another aspect of this hobby I really enjoy.

Sounds like fun Cainn24.  I borrowed some techniques from LTZ400 like putting out bird seed to attract birds!  I also like to wait and be patient as you said.  I find I get the best photos after the birds are used to my presence.

phazelag's gear list:phazelag's gear list
Panasonic Lumix DMC-FZ200 Sigma DP3 Merrill Ricoh GR Panasonic Lumix DMC-LF1 RX100 III +2 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow