Started 2 months ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
jomarie
Regular MemberPosts: 481Gear list
Like?
Updated XT-1 -
2 months ago

I didn't really want to think about this too much since it is just a rumor but - I seem to be thinking about it anyway.  Basically I feel if a camera needs to be updated to a new model months after its first release - it is being called a new model when it really is a correction of the first edition.  Minor upgrades should be corrected in firmware or if it is hardware that needs changing - than have a recall and update the hardware that way.  If Fuji release a new XT-1 (b, p or whatever), it is their way of getting around a recall and not caring at all about the original purchasers of the XT-1.

I will lose faith in Fuji and will probably sell it all - it is just not the way to go about this.  Fuji should call it as it is - and show some loyalty to their original purchasers of the XT-1.  I cannot believe the Fuji engineers had nothing better to do than think of how to better the XT-1 - unless it is something that should have been taken care of to begin with.  I could accept a new model and losing value in my camera after a year but a few months?

Still hoping it is just a rumor.

jomarie's gear list:jomarie's gear list
Olympus E-M1 Olympus M.Zuiko Digital ED 40-150mm 1:4-5.6 R Olympus M.Zuiko Digital 45mm 1:1.8 Olympus 12-40mm F2.8 +2 more
Flat view
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow