Post from FZ200 fans show disappointment in the FZ1000

Started 4 months ago | Discussions thread
Vandyu
Veteran MemberPosts: 7,977Gear list
Like?
Re: Post from FZ200 fans show disappointment in the FZ1000
In reply to phazelag, 4 months ago

Let's not forget that no one camera is the best camera for every setting. Even with a DSLR, the camera evolves as you place different lenses on for different purposes. I think Panasonic should be congratulated for putting together what appears to be an excellent blend of features that will be the leader in its category. If the FZ1000 doesn't have the reach one needs for birding, then pick up the FZ70 for less money than a good telephoto lens would be for a DSLR.

I really don't think people should be complaining at this stage of the game. I think it may a bit larger and heavier than I'd like--but I haven't even held one yet. I have the FZ150 I can use or I can upgrade to the FZ200 if weight and size are my main concerns.

-- hide signature --

If life is, indeed, a journey, ask yourself how you can make it as interesting as possible, so that at each day's end, you can give a good accounting of what you have learned.

Vandyu's gear list:Vandyu's gear list
Panasonic Lumix DMC-FZ150 Nikon D80 Nikon AF-S DX Nikkor 18-135mm f/3.5-5.6G ED-IF Nikon AF-S DX Nikkor 18-200mm f/3.5-5.6G ED VR II Nikon AF-S Nikkor 70-300mm f/4.5-5.6G VR +9 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow