Any one tried the Rokinon FE14M-S 14mm F2.8 E mount Ultra Wide Lens for A7/R?

Started 6 months ago | Questions thread
seachicken2000
Senior MemberPosts: 2,788Gear list
Like?
Re: Any one tried the Rokinon FE14M-S 14mm F2.8 E mount Ultra Wide Lens for A7/R?
In reply to Tubbycub, 6 months ago

Tubbycub wrote:

As per title,

Im wanting to know if anyone has tried this particular lens and what do they think of it?

thanks.

I recently bought the A-mount version of the lens for my A7r, which is (I guess) optically identical. It had quite pronounced softness on one side of the image (the other side was nice and sharp, into the corners). The shop I bought it from verified that the copy I had was unacceptably decentered and returned my money, as they had no other stock.

Mel Snyder had similar issues with 3 copies of the lens (on another DPR thread).

I have no doubt that a good copy of this lens would be fantastic. The one I had looked splendid over most of the frame, but I am not sure I want to go through the process another time.

My advice is if you buy one, make sure you can return it with a minimum of fuss in the case that you get a bad copy. If you can manage to get hold of a good copy, it should be pretty awesome.

-- hide signature --

A rose by any other name is still a chicken.
http://500px.com/seachicken

seachicken2000's gear list:seachicken2000's gear list
Sony Cyber-shot DSC-R1 Fujifilm FinePix S2 Pro Sony Alpha NEX-5 Sony Alpha NEX-7 Sony Alpha 7R +18 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow