Started 2 months ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
mdb1986
Forum MemberPosts: 84Gear list
Like?
Fuji Action Camera - Does It Exist?
2 months ago

I find myself shooting mostly action shots with 55-200. X-E1 focuses quick enough I guess, but when you are panning trying to keep a subject in view and then press shutter and have to wait 1.5 seconds to lock, it really makes it hard.  I pretty much have to prefocus and then wait for the subject to come into view.  I'm not talking about a kid that's running in a field.  More like a soccer play sprinting to and fro, or a horse in a show jumping competition.  I've tried the shutter mash and all the normal X-E1 focus tips.  I get good shots, but it's pretty tough.

Is X-E2 any good? Or X-T1? Or anything else? X-E2 is supposed to be faster, but from what little I've read, it is still quite bad for tracking a moving subject - even for a single shot - aside from the fact that it's not refocusing for each shot in a burst.

I know X-T1 is supposed to be pretty good, but there are also some reports that Fuji simply doesn't make a good action camera. I would really like something where I can track a moving subject - and have the camera be smart and capable enough to near instantaneously and correctly lock the subject and keep it in focus for each frame in a burst.  It seems like quick focus for many camera manufacturers is just measured on how quickly it can get a lock, and not how often it can lock on the CORRECT thing quickly.

Any thoughts are appreciated. Personal experiences are especially great.

mdb1986's gear list:mdb1986's gear list
Canon PowerShot S110 Canon EOS M Canon EF-M 22mm f/2 STM
Fujifilm X-E1 Fujifilm X-E2 Fujifilm X-T1
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
Flat view
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow