Started 2 months ago | Photos thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
Briansdad1
Senior MemberPosts: 1,321Gear list
Like?
Harbor: 4:30 to 7:30 AM
2 months ago

I spent a long weekend camping in Boothbay Harbor, Me. My Father's Day gift was a remote shutter release that I put to use with some tripod shots of the harbor early in the morning. Here are some of my favs. Please view at original to do them justice.

4:50 AM. More light than I expected but the fog is rolling in fast. Little heavy on the PP here but I like the effect.

Sure enough, fog is thickening. I decided to keep the mood and not PP up the exposure.

About 5:50 AM. Ocean is clam but the gulls are beginning to stir. So are the other photographers. I see 4 more with tripods and 2 without. No one else, of course. Everyone else has more sense.

Took this one at 5:15 AM, hand held so high ISO. Denoised nice enough. Thought I'd go for B&W as that was almost what it was in the first place.

6:24 and it's getting bright. A few tourist out and about. I a few minutes some boats' wakes will wake the seas - but not until i got the next shot . . .

This is the trap float you see in the left-center of the image above.

Bill

-- hide signature --

I'm not a pro. Images I post are unrestricted. Copy, edit, re-post here as part of the tread or elsewhere. C&C always welcome and encouraged - I'm not touchy about the negatives.

Briansdad1's gear list:Briansdad1's gear list
Panasonic Lumix DMC-ZS25 Panasonic Lumix DMC-FZ70 Nikon D3100 Nikon AF-S DX Nikkor 18-55mm f/3.5-5.6G VR Fujifilm FinePix S5700 Zoom +6 more
Flat view
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow