when the time of printing does foveon files comes, what to choose?

Started 6 months ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
Carlosodze
Forum MemberPosts: 60Gear list
Like?
when the time of printing does foveon files comes, what to choose?
6 months ago

Hi,i do not have my sigma camera yet, my sister is bringing me one from germany in july, here in Peru you can't find sigma cameras, and that is why in advance i am asking:

i heard that when you print a foveon photo it just look amazing, what type of paper do you use for your printings? in what situacion (portraits, black and white, big prints, smaller prints, etc? what gives you the best results? how does a canvas print of a foveon file look? (does it looses too much detail? what about the color gradients?)

Also i would like to know how big can you print a dp1 merrill file (if i am not wrong i think i read somewere 24" x 36", that is 60x90 in cm).

On a complete different subject (for not creating another thread) , had any of you tried the photomatix exposure fusion tool for your foveon files? how does it compare to doing it manually with layers in photoshop?

Thanks a lot for your answers.

Greetings from Perú.

Carlosodze's gear list:Carlosodze's gear list
Sigma DP3 Merrill Pentax K-30 Pentax smc DA* 300mm F4.0 ED (IF) SDM Pentax smc D-FA 100mm F2.8 Macro WR
Sigma DP1 Merrill
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
Flat view
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow