Mirrorless vs DSLR: Olympus OM-D E-M1 vs Canon EOS 5D Mark III (link)

Started 4 months ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
MinAZ
Contributing MemberPosts: 775
Like?
Mirrorless vs DSLR: Olympus OM-D E-M1 vs Canon EOS 5D Mark III (link)
4 months ago

I came across a very interesting review comparing the relative strengths and weaknesses of the Olympus OM-D E-M1 vs Canon 5D III, and I thought I'd share:

http://photographicwanderings.com/2013/10/08/answering-the-question-canon-5d-mark-iii-versus-olympus-om-d-e-m1/

This isn't one of those technical comparisons (for that you can head over to DXO), but one photographer's musing after using both in the field. I sometimes prefer these sorts of reviews because, while subjective, they tell the story from a "bigger picture" perspective (pardon the pun) than just focus charts.

The reviewer's opinions match my own in many areas. I have shot with a few mirrorless systems (never m4/3 though) and even the revolutionary Sony A6000. In the end, I still prefer the DSLR personally - they have a certain something about them, the shooting experience. Put it down to je ne sais quoi rather than any one particular attribute, in the end I'd rather be shooting DSLR, except for price and portability. It is interesting to find that the review reaches a different conclusion though...

Canon EOS 5D Canon EOS 5D Mark III Olympus E-M1 Sony a6000
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
Flat view
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
OTOHNew
Eh?New
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow