Started 6 months ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
Bobby Handal
Veteran MemberPosts: 5,204Gear list
Like?
First test of V3 in Jungles (issue)
6 months ago

Well, I finally got to use my V3, grip and finder in real life situation. I own the V1 and V2 and now I own the V3.

I specifically tested with the FT1 and 80-400 G AFS VR (The new one) and the 105 Vr Macro lens, in a Jungle that I have been at before called Pico Bonito. I have taken my V1 and V2 before to this jungle. It is hot, humid.

I spent Friday late afternoon, all day Saturday and Sunday morning. The focus for some reason it does not react when is soo much out of focus, you kind of need to help the camera manual focusing in the right direction . After that no issue with focus. I wonder if I need to update firmware for FT1 again, I did it a few months back but perhaps there is another firmware out for the FT1.

The high ISO grain is quite good (I set NR to off), very impressed. So its exposure, very accurate.

With the FT1 and the 80-400mm AFS G , you can not change the focus point from the center, and if you use the touch screen to shoot, it re-uses the center focus point for focusing and shooting. Bummer.

Since it was hot and humid I was sweating a lot but tried to keep camera away from my sweat.

This morning the finder gave out on me, I have not looked at it yet, it said "reinsert peripheral, or peripheral  bad or something along those lines", I was shooting a series of photos when it simply went black and nothing seem to happen, I had to turn off and on the camera again, but again " . I said fine, I will just shoot with the screen - but apparently, one must remove the finder in order to continue photographing. This is a big bummer for me . The camera is a week or 10 days old, has not been used until now - I will review everything again tomorrow, perhaps it got overheated and shut down. dont now.

Here are some photos I shot with the V3 :

Best regards,

-- hide signature --

www.photoexpedition.net
www.fotoclubhonduras.com

Bobby Handal's gear list:Bobby Handal's gear list
Fujifilm FinePix X100 Panasonic Lumix DMC-TS3 Sony Cyber-shot DSC-HX400V Olympus PEN E-PL1 Panasonic Lumix DMC-GF3 +47 more
Nikon 1 V1 Nikon 1 V2 Nikon 1 V3 Panasonic Lumix DMC-TS1 (Lumix DMC-FT1)
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
Flat view
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow