First camera: DSLR or mirrorless

Started 3 months ago | Discussions thread
Alpha Orionis
Forum MemberPosts: 66
Like?
Re: First camera: DSLR or mirrorless
In reply to kufuxul, 3 months ago

Both those cameras listed (T3i, D3200) would be great for you and a great place to start out, both Canon and Nikon make great lenses and there is an abundance of accessories to go with them. I would think about the future and research Nikon vs. Canon lenses and figure out which ones appeal to you more. Then try to find a store that has both (my local Fry's has them both, don't know where you are) and see which camera feels better.

As for DSLR dying, that's something ILC fans will tell you. On one side you have the ILC guys saying DSLR will be dead at ILC's hands, eventually. On the other hand you have DSLR users saying ILC isn't selling as well as their making it sound and camera phones/compacts will ultimately destroy the ILC's market. My point is no one really knows but if I were a betting man I would say DSLR isn't going anywhere anytime soon and certainly DSLR's outlook isn't as bleak as some of the rabid M43 fans on this board make it seem.

Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow