Veteran MemberPosts: 5,205Gear list
Like?
Re: What to do? (satire)
In reply to ImageAmateur, 6 months ago

ImageAmateur wrote:

brianric wrote:

ImageAmateur wrote:

brianric wrote:

If you need higher ISO and/or fps you are better off with a Df or D4S. I have a Df, and a D3S. I have no intention of getting rid of my D800 & D800E.

-- hide signature --

Wishing You Good Light.

With 16 mp vs 36? I don't think so, 24 maybe. But not 16.

No matter what some claim, MP's do count. Not just for cropping either.

Anyone who really looks at output from the D7100 /K3 sensor with 24MP on APS-C, should easily see why MP's / pixel density, counts.

Add fps and higher ISO the the D800E (as per expected D800s) and its a great everything camera.

-- hide signature --

Wishing You Good Light.

You just proved my point of the satire.

No, because reality is that technology changes, things move on. No one ever said that cameras wont work anyone.

But there are BETTER out there.

And some need the added features. Do you really think if we were still using film and an ISO 12800 film came out, people would not buy it? Because who needs more than Kodachrome 64?

Just a reality,. and yes, MP's do count,. no matter is many refuse to accept it.

Bull. In most cases 36 MP is over kill, especially in event photography. in 95% of my use 6.78 MP is more than sufficient, otherwise the American Cancer Society would not be using my photos for print advertisement on a National basis.

After all, if they don't, why not sell your D800's and get D700's? Can get money back. Or get another Df instead, same user interface....

Why did you buy your D800's in the first place? Rather ironic.

Not really. 36 MP allow me to crop more when I'm focal limited or can't zoom out fast enough to get the shot. The Df is used when shooting above ISO 800. D3S when I need 9 fps with a bigger buffer. If you had checked my gear you will also note I have a D700.

You just proved my point that some people have to have the latest and greatest, a category that you fit in. Nothing wrong with that. You can spend your money anyway you see fit. Knock yourself out sport.

brianric's gear list:brianric's gear list
Sony RX100 Nikon D700 Panasonic Lumix DMC-G1 Nikon Df Nikon D810 +11 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow