First camera: DSLR or mirrorless

Started 11 months ago | Discussions thread
Dave Stott
Senior MemberPosts: 1,072Gear list
Like?
Re: First camera: DSLR or mirrorless
In reply to TTMartin, 11 months ago

Due to their current limitations mirrorless camera just aren't selling well in North America and Europe. There biggest advantage small size is seen as a disadvantage in a market where the better more expensive cameras were always bigger

Interesting observation.    Even though I live in Europe, or at least the UK, I don't travel there much.

I have just come back from a vacation in the US and was surprised by the number of dslr's I saw.   Don't want to sound sniffy,  but many seemed to be being used as p&s,  with not too much thought even for composition.   Seems to be mirrored (!) by the number of threads I read here that ask "Which dslr should I buy (implied because I aspire to be a serious photographer)" rather than saying what the poster wants to do,  and asking" What camera........ "

None of my business, of course, but I do think folks can miss the best way into this hobby.

Dave

Dave Stott's gear list:Dave Stott's gear list
Panasonic Lumix DMC-G5 Panasonic Lumix DMC-GX7 Panasonic Lumix G Vario 100-300mm F4-5.6 OIS Panasonic 12-35mm F2.8 Panasonic Lumix G Vario 14-42mm F3.5-5.6 II ASPH Mega OIS +1 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow