Started 3 months ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
Bluephotons
Senior MemberPosts: 2,635Gear list
Like?
Do you own an OMD EM-5 "shill Edition"?
3 months ago

I met an Olympus field rep while waiting at my dentist, among other questions I asked him about all these reported problems with the OMD EM5 cameras, and how come I have owned two of these and have not encountered any of the alleged faults.                                                                       He told me that Olympus keeps a list of camera reviewers and undercover "shills" and they all were issued their cameras from an special batch made in Japan under very rigorous quality assurance supervision.    Apparently after the last tsunami the cameras where mistakenly mixed-up with the ordinary ones.     He gave me a check list of how to tell if my camera was one of the few unique ones:

Check if:

your camera surprisingly came factory set up with audio "on"

you have not found a crack in your lcd

your hand grip does not start to peel-off after the first 5 months

you found the SCP (super control panel) within the first year of owning the camera

you have not found or experienced SS (shutter shok) despite your 45 years career in EP (Electro-Physics)

the paint in your black EM-5 is not coming off after 4 weeks

your camera's straps lugs are still holding after the first 40 and a half days of purchase

you live close to the tropics and your EVF has not shown blotches matching your favorite world cup team's colors

you haven't lost any of the rubber covers for your hot shoe, viewfinder, flash cover or accessory port.

you are able to understand the printed camera manual.

your camera have never lock-up while on your annual July Death Valley camping-fitness trip, or your mid-summer Kuala Lumpur Ali vs "Aussey" re-enactment group meetings.

your camera was delivery in a box with a strange handwritten note similar to this:"Robin, here is a little token of our appreciation, keep it up, your buddy Takayama"

IF you are able to check all the items in the list: Congratulations, your EM-5 is a certified "Shill Edition"

-- hide signature --

Bluephotons
Ah, but I was so much older then, I'm younger than that now. Bob Dylan

Bluephotons's gear list:Bluephotons's gear list
Olympus OM-D E-M5 Olympus M.Zuiko Digital ED 40-150mm 1:4-5.6 Olympus M.Zuiko Digital 45mm 1:1.8
Olympus OM-D E-M5
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
Flat view
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow