Started 6 months ago | Questions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
Phase33329
New MemberPosts: 4
Like?
Finding an external monitor to use with an Olympus E-5 DSLR
6 months ago

I recently purchased a Lilliput 665GL external HDMI monitor to use with my Olympus E-5 camera.

When I plugged it in to the HDMI port on the camera and switched the camera to live view it brought up the last photo taken from my card but will not allow live view, nor will it allow the camera to take photo's or video while the monitor is plugged in.

Unplug the monitor and everything on the camera begins to function normally again.

We plugged this same monitor into my wife's Canon 7D and it worked as it should.

It gave her live view on the monitor. It allowed her to shoot video from the camera and view it on the monitor.

Hooked it back up to my E-5 and the camera buttons become totally useless.

I have been through every setting in my E-5 and I am unable to get the Lilliput 665GL monitor to work in a live view mode. It locks up the buttons on my camera and will allow the menu button to display some menu items on the monitor, and will only allow viewing of the photos taken from the onboard card.

So, to make a long story short..........I'm looking for a (HDMI)  monitor that will work with the Olympus E-5 camera for viewing video while i'm shooting it, as well as give me a live view for when I'm composing and shooting still photo's. I do not want to make another $250.00 purchase only to find out that it's not compatible with my E-5.

Has anyone out there had any experience using an HDMI external monitor with an Olympus E-5 DSLR?  Your experience and comments would be appreciated.

ANSWER:
This question has not been answered yet.
Canon EOS 7D Olympus E-5
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
Flat view
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow