Started 3 months ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
Advise needed with Square Trade protection plan
Like?
Advise needed with Square Trade protection plan
3 months ago

Dear all,

I am new here and I hope you don't mind I try to seek advise here.

In May 2013 I bought a Canon G15 at B&H with a Square Trade Protection Plan with Accident Coverage.

A year later I had an accident here in France with my Camera. I informed Square Trade and they sent me in an email that I should go to visit a local shop. So I did. I went to a local camera shop and they sent it basically to Canon France. Canon wants now to replace the whole camera block because I was told it is a block. Costs are estimated around 520 $, the insurance covers only the purchasing price which was 450$.

Before I sent the camera away, I pointed out to them that repair costs in Europe are high and it would be cheaper to organise a new camera for me and ship it to me. That was refused.

I have also pointed out to them that I am in France!

I also received an email, pointing out, that I should contact them in case these costs are higher then 450$. So I did, but now they suddenly demand I should ship my camera which is at Canon France back to US. Why do I have to pay twice for shipping now because in first place they suggested local dealers here in France!

Also, they want to complete my warranty but I paid for 3 years coverage.

It is big joke and I don't know what I should do. I offered them solutions, but nothing was good enough for them. I have no camera, no money, just a lot of trouble with this company.
Of course, they refuse to pay me currently anything and I have no camera.

Was somebody in a similar situation and could offer advice?

Thank you sincerely for your help.

Kind regards

B.

Canon PowerShot G15
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
Flat view
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow