ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
mcdim
Forum MemberPosts: 52
Like?
Attempt at birds shooting
4 months ago

Hi everybody,

With summer season outdoor, number of photos posted in this forum seriously increased. Willing not to stay aside, but suffering from a lack of originality I decided to embark on birds shooting. Bird feeder was installed a week in advance (to let future models to get used to it):

On the day (actually, yesterday) I mounted camera on tripod and (in absence of a “proper” hide) left whole setup in front of open door in a corridor, hid myself with remote control in utility - everything was set and ready.

Time was passing, no candidates for “model shoot” were around. Being bored, I started ironing, keeping iron in one hand and still clinging on remote by the other. After a while all shirts, bed linen, and even towels (ironing of which is not my habit) were finished, but no single photo was made. Only when I decided to wrap up and came out into corridor I found I was not the only one on a hunt:

- my cat occupied more strategic position in front of the house and, apparently, was awaiting for birds too. No wonder there was a lack of feathery prepared to take the risk of lunching in view of the cat!

Well, today the cat went exploring neighbourhood and I was a bit more lucky, though results highlighted the need for a better lens (or rather for a smarter positioned feeder) – reduced and sharpened originals and crops are below, Pentax 70-300 @300mm is limited to F5.8 hence a relatively long exposure 1/400s - comments and critics are welcome.

Cheers,

Mcdim

Flat view
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow