ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
Arsen
Regular MemberPosts: 277Gear list
Like?
A6000 16-50mm kit replacement Lens
3 months ago

Hi Folks,

First time posting on the Sony Forum.. I recently purchased the Sony A6000 as a compact backup camera for my D800E..  So far what a great little compact camera, I am impressed with the IQ and features on this little body.  This camera would be mainly used  when we go out somewhere and don't want to take the BIG SLR with us.  The main reason for me to purchase the Sony A6000 for me was the IQ, EVF, sensor size, compact body and had Wi-Fi, NFC built into it for easy sharing with Cell Phones & tablets.  Great job Sony.

Because I am used to super sharp images with my D800E and my high end glass. and I know that the glass is the most important part of any camera..  What is the next best compact (key word) zoom lens for this camera..  I find the 16-50 is a perfect compact lens and my wife loves it, but the lens is less than stellar for my taste. Even my wife noticed the IQ from this lens was not the greatest.. What's the next best wide zoom lens available for this body.  I have some old Minolta Lens lying around, but again, I don't want to put an adaptor on it.. Need to keep it light and compact, that was the main reason I bought this.  I could have bought the A7 or A7R, but small lens was the key for me and APS-C lens size was a factor..

Arsen's gear list:Arsen's gear list
Nikon D800E Sony a6000 Nikon D810 Nikon AF-S Nikkor 14-24mm f/2.8G ED Nikon AF-S Nikkor 24-70mm f/2.8G ED +5 more
Nikon D800E Sony a6000 Sony Alpha 7 Sony Alpha 7R
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
Flat view
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow