Started 6 months ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
Wally Brooks
Junior MemberPosts: 41Gear list
Like?
Opinion on the state of Nikon Management
6 months ago

I have been shooting nikon DX in a format that has been around for many many years and look on with dismay that my DX system has not kept up with the market. Nikon simply won't make any wide fast prime or fast DX only lenses even though the sold millions of DX bodies over the years.

Nikon Management has missed their own market and now their senior management says we must diversify into other areas which is highly risky. Roll the dice on new divisions cause if you aren't first in a market you won't dominate. This business play looks like stupid stogy management making a market move in a mediocre way into new markets and still be missing the DX market that brought them growth in the first place.

平凡な、退屈な、愚かな.

From a happy to use my D7000 with sigma fast zooms looking at 3rd party primes now, my V1 dropping in favor of RX100, and my Shen Hao 4x5 film view camera dropped in favor of Sigma Merrill Dp2& 3

Wally Brooks's gear list:Wally Brooks's gear list
Sigma DP2 Merrill Sigma DP3 Merrill Canon PowerShot G7 X Nikon D7000 Nikon 1 V1 +2 more
Nikon 1 V1 Nikon D7000 Sigma DP2 Sony RX100
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
Flat view
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow