Why are we allowing drug cartels to send gang members to the USA?

Started 6 months ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
Marty4650
Forum ProPosts: 10,045Gear list
Like?
Why are we allowing drug cartels to send gang members to the USA?
6 months ago

The current administration seems hell bent on preventing our Border Patrol from protecting our borders, and as a result, hundreds of Mexican gang members are walking right into the USA, and almost all will end up staying here.

From a recent news story published by the Washington Times:

Border Patrol officials are swamped by the number of minors crossing illegally into the United States and frustrated that they can’t turn away known Mexican gang members.

Chris Cabrera, vice president of the National Border Patrol Council Local 3307 in the Rio Grande Valley, said that confirmed gang members in Mexico — including those from Mara Salvatrucha (MS-13) — are coming into the country to be reunited with their families, National Review reported Friday.

“If he’s a confirmed gang member in his own country, why are we letting him in here? … I’ve heard people come in and say, ‘You’re going to let me go, just like you let my mother go, just like you let my sister go. You’re going to let me go as well, and the government’s going to take care of us,’” Mr. Cabrera told the magazine.

He said that the only way to solve the problem was to implement harsher restrictions on who can be allowed to cross.

“Until we start mandatory detentions, mandatory removals, I don’t think anything is going to change. As a matter of fact, I think it’s going to get worse,” he said, National Review reported.

The Border Patrol has been transformed into baby sitters and diaper changers by the recent flood of unaccompanied juvenile illegal aliens. Their mission is now humanitarian aid, and not protecting our borders. I can't help but think this was all planned, to make them stop performing their intended jobs.

Please note, the number of unaccompanied juveniles has leapt from 5,000 a year to 90,000 a year after President Obama's recent executive order granting them rights. And he now vows to get each one a lawyer so they can fight to stay here, and that lawyer will be paid using taxpayer funds. He also called them "dreamers" and says they are "America's future."

I really need someone to explain to me why any of this is a good thing for America. I really wish President Obama would answer these questions, but I know that will never happen:

• Why do we bother to have immigration laws, if our Presidents refuse to enforce them? (I use the plural, because GW Bush wasn't much better than Obama in this regard).
  • Why not simply repeal the laws we refuse to enforce? Like we did for the sodomy laws many years ago?
  • If we don't want the Border Patrol to protect our borders, then why not disband the agency and save the taxpayers the expense of 21,444 salaries?
  • If we want and need more immigrants, why don't we simply raise the quotas, and bring them in legally, while properly processing each one to keep criminals out?
  • What the the advantage of having an uncontrolled free for all? Why is uncontrolled immigration better than a system with rules and procedures... like every other nation including Mexico has?
  • Why do you demonize everyone who is opposed to illegal immigration as being "against immigrants?" Don't you believe it is possible to be all for immigration but against people side stepping our laws and procedures?

I am not naive. I fully expect Mamallama and all the other Obama sycophants to call me a racist, for asking these questions.

Let the spin begin.

Marty4650's gear list:Marty4650's gear list
Sony SLT-A55 Olympus OM-D E-M5 Panasonic Lumix DMC-GM1 Panasonic Lumix G 14mm F2.5 ASPH Olympus M.Zuiko Digital 14-42mm 1:3.5-5.6 II R +7 more
Flat view
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
BillNew
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow